Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This Week's (Midweek) Shameless Budgeteer Plug: The New Roots Duo, Depot madness, Rachel Nelson, White Light Riot and ... Merle Haggard?


I know this probably seems excessive, but I don't care -- I have a lot of bonus DuluthBudgeteer.com work to share with y'all:

"Also Released: Random Records from Random Folks" :: In this online exclusive "event" -- which I hope to turn into a semi-regular series -- I review, in brief, records from Merle Haggard, Pachyderm Studio (it's a compilation, featuring the likes of favorites White Light Riot and Chris Koza) and Twin Cities act the New Roots Duo, which will be making the drive up to Duluth for an April 4 show at Beaner's Central.

"One-Woman Cabaret Comes to UWS, Play Ground" :: Rachel Nelson will perform “Living the Questions,” a one-woman cabaret of original music, storytelling, dramatic performance and spoken word, April 5 at the Play Ground.

"Discover Duluth: Leatherheads Day" :: To drum up publicity for their new film “Leatherheads,” Hollywood heavy hitters George Clooney and Renee Zellwegger made a stop in Duluth Monday. (I know I teased this yesterday, but it was so popular I thought I'd try to milk it for another 24 hours....)

No comments: