Friday, June 29, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug: Polka, foosball, CD reviews and a whole bunch of random pictures

All right, here's the goods already:

"The Happiest Music on Earth?" -- Can you tell I have some Polish in me? Can ya?

"Moving Out of the Basement" -- No, this isn't some sort of postcollegiate, coming-of-age story about finally -- finally -- moving out of my parents' basement. Nope, this is all about the Fooshead, baby! (Intrigued? Read on!)

"New Releases from Ryan Rapsys and the Clearwater Hot Club" -- Surprise, surprise, more CD reviews ... but, hey, at least I have fun! (Also reviewed -- in brief -- Cary Brothers’ “Who You Are," Ann Savoy and Her Sleepless Knights’ “If Dreams Come True," Sir Salvatore’s “Those Men are Not Astronauts," Dan Colehour’s “Straight to the Highway” and “Music in the Zoo, Vol. 3," the latest batch of recordings to emerge from the Minnesota Zoo's summer concert series.)

Finally, some random shots I took over the past week can be found in "Fourthfest is Back" and on the Budgeteer homepage (sorry, I have no way of linking directly to my "two ducks and a deer in the drainage ditch" masterpiece).

No comments: