Friday, June 1, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug: Starfire's business, a new play company, Ms. Lessley and -- brace yourselves -- another bridge picture!

What a lovely week to be a Twin Portsian! (Since I can't call myself a Duluthian anymore.... *tear*)

Here's how the Budge is shaping up this weekend:

"Homegrown Founder Launches Starfire Screen Printing Co." -- Scott Lunt's had his hand in so many wonderful projects (a very special kudos for the "Treasure Chest" CD), and what I've seen from his latest doesn't disappoint.

"Theater Company Launches with 'Fool for Love'" -- Bravo to Michelle Juntunen and Kelli Latuska for launching By the Seat of Your Pants Productions, another fine player in the Twin Ports' burgeoning theater scene.

"On the Outside Looking In" -- Longtime Northland vacationer Joani Marie Lessley -- a very nice (and intuitive) lady, if I might add -- lands a June gallery show at Park Point's Blue Iris.

Finally, on my "Discover Duluth" page, you'll find "The Ghosts of Bridges Past, or: Trilogy, Completed," a nifty shot of some "fisherpeople" I took on what remains of the Arrowhead Bridge. (It was replaced by the Bong Bridge in the '80s.)

Oops! I almost forgot: I took a few pictures for our Spirit Bottle Shoppe advertorial too.

EDIT: Silly me, I did forget about my picture of Hell's Kitchen for Canal Park Times (which, unfortunately, I don't have a link for yet) and the area schools I shot for the graduation tab: Central, Denfeld, East, Hermantown, Lakeview, Marshall and Proctor.

p.s. I apologize in advance for my girlie "poster" above ... I've been watching a little too much "Carnivale" lately.

No comments: