Friday, June 22, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug

Another week, another set of stories to tell your children at night...

"A Replacement for Green Man?" -- The Gallows' Marc Gartman has crafted up the ideal Duluth summer music festival. The lineup is amazing: Low, Trampled by Turtles, the Gallows and Charlie Parr -- to name just a few. Anyway, it will be held July 7 on Park Point, and it's free, so mark your calendars.

Accompanying that story is "Other Minnesota Summer Festivals," which is, more or less, the longest sidebar you'll ever read. (p.s. Did I mention that I got to talk to Dave Simonett of Trampled by Turtles for these two stories? Most excellent.*)

"Discover Duluth: Seven Bridges Road" -- My beloved** photo essay series finally hooks up with my favorite spot in the entire Twin Ports! Plus, as an added bonus, I managed to squeeze one of my favorite photographers, Mark Ryan***, into another Budgeteer story!! (That's right; two exclamation points.)

"Pickin' on Charlie Parr, the Gallows and Ryan Adams"
-- It was like my birthday or something this week, as, along with excellent new releases from Charlie Parr and the Gallows, I was fortunate enough to be able to review Ryan Adams' new classic before its street date. (Something funny I just noticed: Of the three A&E stories this week, I managed to mention Charlie Parr and Trampled by Turtles in all of 'em. A HA HA)

ALSO: "Dixon Reflects on Exciting Times in District" isn't my handiwork, but it does include two of my photos from Tuesday night's "heated" school board meeting. (I'm sorry, I think I confused "heated" with "What happens when a bunch of Northlanders infected with Minnesota Nice get upset? Not a whole lot.") AND, if you give me a few hours to work them up, "The Northland's Week in Review" for June 16-22 will have some of my shots from this morning's much-talked-about fire on Railroad Street.

UPDATE: "Beyond the Big Screen: Home Entertaining Gets Personal," my contribution to this season's Blueprint special edition, is now online. If you enjoy billiards, foosball, darts, etc., read on.

*I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy....
**By my gramma ... in case you were wondering.
***My all-too-brief Q-and-A with him is available here, in this online exclusive.

No comments: