Friday, January 26, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug

While not a horribly prolific week, I nonetheless remain satisfied with the results. (Hey, how's that for enthusiasm!)

Kidding aside, I got to cover one of those feel good stories that community newspapers are known for ("Ordean Foundation honors Mentor Duluth match"), an artist's work of great interest to me ("Mark Ryan: Lester Park’s golden boy") and a return to writing columns ("Mini-Eminems and the P.O.S. concert review that never was").

I'm upset I had to miss the P.O.S. show, but I think the article does a good job of explaining why I couldn't stay. (I still have nightmares about the boys' horrible fashion sense....)

On deck: a great program to help the elderly citizens of Lincoln Park, a new UMD play being directed by one of the best teachers in the entire Midwest (no joke), a CD review of the new Low album, possibly a new "Discover Duluth" series, my story about the DAA's proposed cutting down of old-growth trees near its Sky Harbor Airport (which was nixed for this week because no one would speak out against the plan) and -- if I'm not completely broken down -- an opinion column lampooning all those goofy new laws being proposed by Northlanders down in St. Paul.

Whew, that was just exhausting to list off.

As always, if you read anything this week, let me know what you think.

Cheers!

No comments: