Thursday, February 28, 2008

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug: Icebergs (on land!), Wendy Rouse, Woodland barbershops, Jes Durfee and pogs!

It's hard to celebrate this week knowing that Renegade Comedy Theatre's board dumped Brian Matuszak. I mean, he's only the comedy troupe's founder....

Regardless, here's what I've been up to:

"Discover Duluth: Iceberg on Land" --Yeah! An online exclusive in my photo essay series that may very well just blow your mind. (If you're familiar with East Orange Street, you probably already know what I'm talking about.)

"For the Love of Minnesota"
-- Wendy Rouse’s latest exhibit, "Mirror Lake," stems from a homesick episode in New York City. (Hopefully she's not making fun of me for getting lost trying to find her East Hillside studio....)

"Old-Fashioned Barbershop Opens in Woodland"
-- Thanks to Don Hanson, Woodland residents like Darrell Martin will no longer have to go more than a few blocks to get a haircut.

Elsewhere in this weekend's Budge, I snapped a shot at Lizzard's for David Buckner's excellent contribution, "Jes Durfee, Duluth's Glass Blower Extraordinaire," and there was a passing reference to my indefensible tendency to collect pogs in Matt Suoja's column on a similar dweeby activity, "All Right, I'll Finally Admit I Collect Baseball Cards." (To make a short story even shorter, it took my pog collection to get him to admit to his sickness.) (har har har)

No comments: