Thursday, February 21, 2008

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug: Brother Ali, Jamestown Story, Cities Never Sleep and ... antiques?

I know it looks like I was a lazy, good-for-nothin' S.O.B. this week, but my bro Matt Suoja was off in Sin City, so I was on news clerk duty (ah, yes, the good old days...) this week as well:

"Brother Ali Has Left the Building" -- That's right; I finally scored an interview with the legend-in-the-making Rhymesayers MC! (If you like what you read, make sure to check out my Q-and-A with Eyedea as well.)

"The Making History Rock Show" -- Four bands (Jamestown Story, Cities Never Sleep, Sing it Loud and Forfend). One night. A couple photographers (but only mine made the Budgeteer). Too many Long Island pitchers. (Oops, did I share too much?)

"See How Much Your 'Junk' is Worth" -- This week's cover, coming in from The Depot's weekly free version of "Antiques Roadshow" -- starring none other than antique appraisal expert Dan Sershon.

I also snapped some shots of DFL U.S. Senate candidate Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer, but those haven't hit the Web yet, so I'll keep you posted.

Finally, I just wanted to thank everyone who participated in (and, equally as important, everyone who sponsored) our "Where in the Northland is Matt Perrine?" contest. Yes, it's officially over. Tune in to KDAL Monday morning to see if you won either of the two big prize packages!

No comments: