Friday, February 9, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug

At the request of a few of my readers, I kept things positive this week ... that's right; no more "sensational" or "irresponsible" muckraking opinion columns from me! (This week, anyway.)

"Twin Ports ninth-graders come together at UMD" -- A fun night. I got to take nearly a gig of photos and meet Lynn Ross, the wife of Superior Mayor Dave Ross.

"New Lincoln Park program keeps seniors in their homes" -- This headline just makes me laugh ... senior prison? Anyway, I must make a public apology to Wenday: That photo. Yeah. It just wasn't my day to shine.

"David Mehling is well on his way" -- Dave's great, and so is his new album. Definitely one to watch.

"Under the cover: ‘How Do I Make You Lonesome?’" -- This little Web exclusive is an addendum to the Mehling story. When Dave and I met, I mentioned how great the design work was on his album, and he said his buddy at UMD did it. This is his (abbreviated) story. (p.s. If you visit Bud Rodecker's site, make sure to check out the faux vintage photos of him. Classic.)

There's also a photo I took of Terri Wickett posing in front of the murals she painted at the City Hall DAC Deli. Wonderful work, but, since it's a standalone photo, I have no way of linking it.

No comments: