Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This Week's (Belated) Shameless Budgeteer Plug

No, I'm not dead, I just ate some White Castle.

Good one, right?

Not really: After returning from a much-needed vacation in Las Vegas* Monday evening, I made the stupid mistake of stopping at Hinckley's White Castle. I had never been to the eatery before, so I was excited (another stupid mistake). Instead of delivering the pure bliss I paid for, the magical mini-burgers instead delivered a day off from work ... from food poisoning.

So, needless to say, it hasn't really been a week for blogging.

But I'm OK now (thank you for your prayers...) ... OK enough to talk up last week's meager offerings:

"Discover Duluth: Lake Superior Railroad Museum" -- I took my photo essay series to one of my favorite places in Duluth, the train museum in the bottom of the Depot. Good times!

"What's up with the Depot?" -- A brief little Web exclusive about ... well, what's up with the Depot. (My descent into madness/poor headline-writing skills has been a fun one....)

"Verne Wagner: A man with a plan (or two or three)" -- The second installment of my "Getting Down to Business" series chronicles Wagner, a local businessman that really has his hand in everything. Aside from inventing the Skeeter Cheater Hot Tub Tent, he also has plans for the NorShor Theater. You know, should the nude revue just happen to fail....

"Snoodle Ceramic Studio opens gallery space" -- Ceramicist Tonya Borgeson does some amazing work, and now hopefully more people will know that. Plus, her art space is right next door to Lake Superior Zoo, which is very cool.

*More on this later. I promise.**

**Well, no, I take that back: There might be more on this later. I'm still in the process of buying my first house, so who knows if I'll be able to muster enough energy to actually write something entertaining on here.

No comments: