Friday, February 23, 2007

This Week's Shame(ful)* Budgeteer Plug

*Two stories?!

I can only stretch this White Castle food poisoning sympathy bit so far ... so, to make it appear as if I worked more than three full days this week, I've made up a few fake stories** to "fill the void."

(Hopefully you can tell which ones are fake.)

"Giving taxi fare deregulation another go" -- Some of the smaller cab companies (and student leaders at UMD) want it deregulated. Two of the bigger companies, Allied and Yellow, don't. Interesting arguments on both sides.

"There's no connection to the flames" -- A new study out of Harvard finds that applying cold aluminum directly to your eyelids (oh, yeah, it's all the rage in Baton Rouge) produces a soothing aftereffect. How will this affect the Northland?

"Kathy McTavish and Duluth's cello uprising" -- I got in big trouble -- BIG -- last time I wrote about the Twin Ports' cellists. What "sensational" sh*t will I say this time?

"Fuzzy foreigners mistake ice-fishing houses for housing project 'with a view'" -- Imagine their consternation ... when they sank.

**And a beautiful poster. ... No?

No comments: