Friday, April 20, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug

A terrific week. I am quite pleased:

"Hell's Kitchen Coming to Canal Park" -- It's true. Read on, reader.

"Discover Duluth: Duluth Woman's Club"
-- When I used to live in Lakeside, I'd often drive by their grand estate at 2400 E. Superior St. and wonder, Gee, I wonder what it looks like inside. Well, this week I had the chance. Hopefully my photos do the place justice! (A crappy photo I took of the exterior also accompanies Jana's story about the club's history.)

"Stage II Shines On with the 'The Perfect Play'" -- They're actually doing David Auburn's "Proof" ... the headline looks a little confusing when I capitalize most of the words. I do apologize.

Plus, as a very special treat, I reviewed new albums from the Little Black Books (classic), Ol' Yeller's Rich Mattson (pretty damn good itself) and Brother Ali (with production from Ant, it lives up to most Rhymesayers standards).

If all that wasn't enough, I also took a few pictures for the Spring Sports Preview for local high school teams. They were mostly forgettable, so I'm gonna not link to 'em ... mmm'kay?

Cheers! Enjoy! Deliver me some feedback!

No comments: