Friday, April 13, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug

Not the most prolific week ever, I'll admit, but I think you'll understand, oh faithful reader, when you see how much time and energy I spent on my Morgan Park package -- which I am quite proud of.

"Morgan Park: The Little 'Industrial Suburb' That Could" -- My pride and joy features a lengthy narrative about "The Model City's" history and what's going on there these days. (The story is the first in a series we're calling "Neighborhood Spotlight." It's really quite self-explanatory, innit?) It also includes a photo gallery of different highlights around the community, including two beautiful churches and a decrepit-but-visually-intriguing "rear entrance" railroad bridge underpass.

"Something to Get the City Singing"
-- What do you know? Another week and another Rodgers and Hammerstein production being featured by yours truly. I'm not knocking those legends, but I just find it really funny because it didn't even hit me until production day. Anyway, this time it's "Carousel," and it's being put on by the Playhouse. It's a rather interesting story because for the first time in a long time (I just aped my lede...), the community theater organization is featuring a professional actor as its lead.

Controversial? You be the judge.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also took a portrait of a very lovely elderly couple for Ralph Doty's feature "Reversing a Trend: Retirees Migrate Back Home."

As always, if you check out any of my stories, please let me know what you think.

Cheers!


No comments: