1. Simple Kid - "Lil' King Kong"
... you're contemplating a Saturn purchase.
2. Box Car Racer - "All Systems Go"
... you get that damned straightbacktoyrjuniorhighmusicaltastestimemachine working again.
3. British Sea Power - "Atom"
... that cute barista at Red Mug finally gives in to your petty come-ons. (Kidding, honey!)
4. Thom Yorke - "Everything in its Right Place" [Live on BBC Radio 2]
... enjoying the view from Skyline Parkway.
5. Sloan - "I'm Not a Kid Anymore"
... you're stranded in the Great White North and those lady Canucks all of a sudden look like acceptable company.
6. PAS/CAL - "You Were Too Old for Me"
... umm ... you're trying to make somebody's grampa cry?
7. Tapes 'n Tapes - "Hang Them All"
... what I said for No. 3, except with that cute clerk at Disc Go Round. (Again, not speaking from personal experience -- I've just heard rumors, I swear it!)
8. Dr. Dog - "Heart it Races"
... you've gotten a little too much sun at the Park Point beaches.
9. Other Men - "Other People"
... your girl finally admits she's a Rob Crow groupie (and, thus, has to console you after breaking the news).
10. Black Lips - "Veni Vedi Veci" [Diplo Remix]
... well, let's just say "marriage material" isn't what you go to Stargate for....
11. Mark Ronson - "Annie Minimix"
... your S.O. has ADDHD. (OK, now I'm speaking from personal experience.)
12. The 8-bit Construction Set - "SauceMaster"
... you find you and yours trippin' through Mario's beloved Mushroom Kingdom.
13. The Dandy Warhols - "The World the People Together (Come On)"
... someone stages a retrotastic "be-in" in your living room.
14. Kings of Leon - "My Party" [Kenna and Chad Hugo Remix]
... you forget you're not 21 and hit happy hour on Tower Avenue. Scared ... so scared.
15. Minus the Bear - "Throwin' Shapes"
... a spell of puppy love hits you on top of the Space Needle. (Thank the lord for that disposable camera that was there to catch it all!)
16. My Morning Jacket - "Evil Urges"
... you need someone else to do all the "dirty work."
17. Craig Wedren - "Crush You"
... on second thought, don't cuddle to this one.
18. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - "Half-Awake (Deb)"
... the sound of Amtrak's "smooth ride" is preventing her from getting a good night's rest.
19. Of Montreal - "Friends of Mine" [Zombies cover]
... somebody's wedding reception is done right for once.
20. M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" [Remix for the Children by Adrock]
... it's 3 a.m. and she says it's cold outside. (HA HA HA)
21. Harry Belafonte - "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)" [RJD2 Remix]
... you've both lost it.
22. Joe Jackson - "King Pleasure Time"
... I'm not even going to touch this one!
Thus concludes your sixth dose of SHAKE*YOUR*SHORES.