Saturday, March 3, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug

Wow, I actually felt productive this week:

"'Grey's Anatomy' fave comes to UMD" -- The future's so bright for Columbia Records recording artist Mat Kearney, he's gotta wear shades. (Listen, I don't care if I used this lame joke a few weeks back ... it's my lame joke.)

"Matuszak harkens back to 16th century for UWS play" -- Brian Matuszak's a funny guy (the Twin Ports' Scott Adsit, if you will), so I thought it'd be cool to play "catch-up."

"A parents' guide to online predators" -- This is an area of expertise I've contemplated giving up journalism for ever since I saw my first "To Catch a Predator" episode during my NDSU days in Fargo.

"You'll never look at Skywalk the same way again"
-- As a Skywalk "aficionado," I really appreciate what Rachael Martin is doing with her tours.

"Discover Duluth: Steam Utility District No. 1" -- My photo essay series returns with Canal Park's steam plant. As one would expect, it was quite "steamy" in there. And I had to wear a hard hat, so it was awkward looking through my camera lens!

As always, if you check out any of these, let me know what you think!

No comments: