Friday, December 14, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug: Life House, Wing Young Huie, Batteries, Two Many Banjos, Starfire's Homegrown comp and Rock for the Tots

A busy week for the letters "A" and "E," indeed!

"Life House Provides 'Safe Harbor' for At-Risk Youth" -- Duluth has so many wonderful organizations out there, I only wish I could cover them all.

"Wing Young Huie Swings for the Fences (Again)" -- That's right; somehow I got the famed Duluth-born photographer to talk to little ol' me. (If you can't tell by my words, I have one of those shit-eating grins on right about now!)

"LocalM.com's Rock for the Tots Returns"
-- To help get the word out about this worthy cause, I chatted up Craig Rhode Jr. (aka Mr. Local M) and the Surfactants' Zac Bentz.

Finally, what I live and breath for: more CD reviews. This week I take on Batteries' "That Great Grandsuck of the Sea," Two Many Banjos' self-titled debut and "Homegrown Rock and/or Roll: Starfire's Mix" -- which, by the way, I just found out (from Starfire himself, no less) wasn't actually sequenced by Starfire ... oops!

p.s. Round 4 of "Where in the Northland is Matt Perrine?" is now up. If you need another contest clue, try this super-secret one on for size: "Don't drag your feet at this place. Seagulls leave curiously colored droppings." ("Eh?" is right....)

No comments: