Friday, May 4, 2007

This Week's Shameless Budgeteer Plug

At right: The latest quilt to arrive in the mail from grandma dearest. (Looks like she was snacking on the dog's worm medicine again.)

Anywho....

"Skullduggery on the High ... Teas?" -- Lame hed, I know, but it makes me laugh. I love it!

Oh, right, the story is about Superior's Fairlawn Mansion. What I've always* loved about that place is that it's just down the road from my house and it was also built the same year ... BAD JOKE OF THE CENTURY: "Looks like I got the better deal there."

*Dodging "toms" and moving on....*

"Senior Aides Program Helps 55-plusers Get Jobs" -- Question: Is "55-plusers" even an AP-sanctioned term? We here at the Budgeteer are sure hoping so.

"Jesus, Mary and Harley-Davidson" -- We're also banking on the fact that the fine folks at the Vineyard Church in Lakeside have a sense of humor!

"Greetings from the Carnegie Library, Pt. 1" -- Publisher and author Tony Dierckins is the man. Sample quote: “I learned a lot,” he said of his first job at a publishing house. “Mostly about what a jerk some publishers can be.”

Finally, there's also "Brighton Beach's Next Top Model," a standalone photo I managed to sneak into this weekend's edition -- but I don't know how to link to it, so look for it here.

*OK, for the last month.

No comments: