Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Greg Laswell e-mail 'scandal'

Because I have nothing better to report on today, I found this two-part e-mail "series" quite entertaining.


From July 12 (see it for yourself here):


Hi,
I started my 2nd tour in support of my new record Take a Bow. This one is special for several reasons, one of which is that it is a co-headline tour with one of my dearest friends Cary Brothers. He was one of the first people I met when I moved to LA years ago and we've been threatening to tour together ever since. Well here we are. It's a much different tour than the one we first conceived in our wilder days, giving a true and personal connection to the Hank Williams Jr. song, "All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down." I'll spare you (and myself) with details but I will say that it's nice to grow up.... and still get to play music, and to do it with a friend. Opening up the show is Harper Blynn, also very dear friends of mine and among the very first people I met before moving to New York. So in a way, this tour could be called "East West Tour" and I'm the damn bridge. I digress, which usually happens when I am busy thinking of new ways to give myself credit. The show itself is really fun. We are all friends off stage and the guys in Harper Blynn are acting as the house band playing with both Cary and I after their set. It will be my first time in many of the cities we are going to on this tour so I'm a little anxious but f-word it.... I can already tell that it will be a tour I will never ever forget, regardless of how many people come to the shows. If we are coming to your city, say hello afterwards and I hope you enjoy the show! (And if you can't say hello in person, Cary and I will be doing a live [joint] chat on Justin.TV on Tuesday, July 20th at 3pm EST/noon PST. Mark your calendars.)

In Christ's love and undying mercy, for I am but an injured fawn in the strong arms of my gentle Shepard,
GL

PS Cary is a dick.
PSS I was totally kidding about that Christ shit.
PSSS I love your bodies.
PSSSS You can buy my new record on Amazon.com for 5 dollars this month.



... And here's what the singer/songwriter just sent out (see it for yourself here):


Hi,
I received a message from someone who was offended by my last email. She felt I was targeting Christians and making fun of their beliefs. It is certainly not my intention to offend ANYONE and if I have, please accept my sincerest apologies.

GL



I actually found the first e-mail to be refreshingly candid. Perhaps I'm not sensitive enough for today's America....

No comments: